{Easy Peasy} DIY: Grape Jelly - updated!

I have been sitting on a bunch of bottles
of grape juice, that I got for pennies,** with a project in mind:
Grape Jelly!

I remember the days when my Mom and I picked grapes and she slaved for hours to make the jelly herself, boiling, straining, etc.

The final result was delicious but it too SOOOOO much work!


It could be SO easy!

You need:
  • 6 Cups Juice (all natural, no sugar added)
  • 4-5 cups sugar
  • 2 boxes pectin
That is it!
 
Prep you jars in a hot water bath, making sure your lids are in there too - so the rubber edges get softened up.
 Get your hot jars ready for ladling in the yumminess...
 Boil the juice and the sugar, for at least 5 minutes...
 Add the two packs of Pectin and keep boiling for 2 more minutes.
 Ladle into the jars, seal and pop into a hot water bath for five minutes.
This recipe makes me (9) 8oz jars and leaves me a little bit to enjoy on some toast right away. 
Let the jars cool on a wire rack and enjoy all the "pinging" sounds as it cools.
 
**There had been a sale at my Copp's store where they were $2.25 and
I used $1.00/1 coupons on double coupon day to make them just $.25 a bottle!
Each jar makes 12 jars of jelly, so each jar comes to about $.02 of jelly juice.
Add the sugar (free) and pectin ($1/box), (again, with coupons) and I owned the jars...
That makes the final cost about $.24 for each jar of jelly!
No artificial anything and very little of my time was involved.
SCORE!

Comments

  1. This looks so yummy! But, what I really want to know is how you got the juice for pennies? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy! But, what I really want to know is how you got the juice for pennies? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! But, what I really want to know is how you got the juice for pennies? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy! But, what I really want to know is how you got the juice for pennies? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so yummy! But, what I really want to know is how you got the juice for pennies? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!