My Garage Sale Score.

I told you here that I was going to the Waunakee City Wide Garage Sale with $40 in my pocket. I had cell phone numbers for my buddies (Hi Kelley and Katie!) and grabbed a copy of the map right away.

I have to say, Waunakee has the most AWESOME garage sale map of ANY place I have ever shopped: it is an actual booklet, complete with advertising. It has the basic map of town in the center, and shows the subdivisions. The other pages list the specific sales (and their contents) by subdivision.

I could tell right off the bat my target sales - I had fifteen streets marked off, out of four subdivisions. If I hit a particularly good sale, I wrote the addy in the booklet for NEXT year. I will only hit THOSE three houses in those four subdivisions, and branch out to a few different ones.

I know: a little crazy.

You will understand when you see the following pictures - everything came to $26.75. Seriously. I only hit six of the fifteen streets...ran out of time and space in the car!

First, a Barbie Swimming Pool.
That little witch already has a castle here, speed boat, sports car, condo and Royal coach. What's one more thing?  (sigh) -- it came with the Barbie Shower on it's left and was only $2
To the left of it, in the red box, is a set of photo holding ornaments. Eight of them to be exact - and PERFECT for this fall's school pictures. (we have a lot of grand parents). It was fifty cents.
A cute top (quarter), Old Navy Skirt (quarter), Ballerina Christmas Ornament (buck),
light flannel jammies (fifty cents) and a recorder with a beginner instruction book (buck).
I learned how to play the recorder before the violin, piano, flute and trumpet...
so will Miss Sarah, LOL 
An adorable turtleneck (quarter), sweater with matching scarf (fifty cents),
Mermaid Sweatshirt (fifty cents), pink sweater with fuzzy trimmed hood (fifty cents)...
an ADORABLE denim jumper with ballet slippers and pink ruffle hem (buck),
corduroy snowman jumper (buck), and a Gymboree Daisy Sweater with yellow pants (two dollars) 
One sale had DVDs for $0.75 each. I got ten.
the books were a quarter and the markers in a FREE box.
A Cinderella Dressing Table for $5,
complete with toiletries and batteries for the Magic Mirror. 
One happy little princess! 
A complete herd of My Little Ponies.
One dollar for the bag. 
I fell in love with this silver pitcher for fifty cents.
Seriously, I see a few sprigs of lilacs sticking out of it, then lilies this summer. 
Missing is a picture of the Little Tikes T-Ball stand that I got for a buck, sorry,
I am too lazy right now to go outside and get a picture.
Granted we still need a bat and ball -- but I think I saw them at the Dollar Store.

That is it -- my official haul for today.

Next week I have a tough choice: DeForest/Windsor, Sauk City or Monona City Wide Sales.
I know Sauk is out. I have never had luck there.
 I might try to scope out their maps online and see what looks better for me
on the other two: we still need winter coats and snow pants!
I could take the $13.25 that I didn't spend today, and add it to my $40 budget for next week!

Keep in mind that I am only going out FOUR times this summer.
(much to my husband's relief)
It's simply too busy to squeeze in more than that...and we are pretty well stocked.
I only have a few things left on my list.

After next week's foray, I am going to do Cottage Grove's big sale (June 4-6)
and the Sprecher East Neighborhood (gotta look it up).
I have houses marked from prior years that I need to go back to.

That's it.

For those of you local people drooling over my haul today,
Waunakee's sale goes on for two more days -- I skipped a LOT of houses, GO FOR IT!

Comments

  1. FYI... it is also Lake Mills rummage sale weekend this weekend. Come check out the bargains!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee!
    I just put out a post about ALL the CW sales in Wi this weekend - and will update it all summer long
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!