Quick Accounting

I thought I would quickly crunch a few numbers for you (and me)!

I haven't done this since we met the goal of $40,000 in March of this year...and we have been still saving!

Not all the savings has gone into the house fund: we went to Colorado for a week for a family wedding/vacation. It was beautiful, yet not cheap, LOL!

We are also saving for a Disney Vacation - planning to have it paid before we go, instead of putting a lot of money on the credit card
;)

Add a week long trip to the cabin with the in laws and it's a lot of time off, that we have budgeted for.

I have just about paid for ALL the trips, as well as adding some more money to the "fund". I also have bought a new couch! (you can read about the old one here...) The new one is multi functional as it is a sleeper sofa too - so it doubles as a guest room, LOL!

Here is the picture -- it will look better in our living room after I paint the walls beige. I DO think the cat approves of it...it DOES have two pillows...it's part of Barbie's campground right now. 
OK - add up all the coupon classes, getting paid by Tupperware and finishing the summer fairs, paying for the vacations and new couch, I had another $4,150 to add to my fund. I also have Christmas Shopping done, Back to School shopping done, another big donation for our Church's Food Pantry almost ready, a full stockpile and am getting a lot of rebate money back.
:)

What you will see in the next few weeks:
-Monday Meal Plan -- I will keep doing it and adding more recipes to my recipe page!
-Children's Resale Events - I have things priced and ready to go, let's see what sells!
-Love the Library! More fun things for kiddos to do and a great way to get DVDs for FREE to watch!
-My grocery store plan of attack, so you know in advance what I plan to get at the store
-More coupons!

I'm off for a "date night" with my hubby - we scored some free tickets to a dinner show! (Yes, I will be paying for a sitter tonight but think I came out ahead with free tickets worth $80)

Until next time - if you haven't done it yet, I challenge you to track YOUR expenses. You can't see where to save it if you don't know where it's going!
:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!