Frugal Friday: Fabric Softener

I know -- this isn't the cheapest alternative to soft clothes, adding white vinegar to the washer is more frugal. One simple fact: I can't stand by the washer until that magic cycle and add it.

THAT is why I love dryer sheets, LOL!

When you are a couponer -- you get these for a lot less than the $9/box price. Maybe it's a Target deal where you get back a $5 gift card when you use a Target Web Coupon and a Manufacturer's coupon. Maybe it's like me where you got a deal at Walgreen's on Register Rewards.

No matter what you end up paying, there is one simple trick to make them go even further: Cut them in half!

Just like the people who make laundry detergent, these babies have 2-3 times the softening that your clothes really need. Grab a pair of scissors and Viola! You magically turned 120 dryer sheets into 240.

THAT is why you don't see boxes and boxes of this in my stockpile...
one box would last me almost one year.

And yes, I keep them in a cute Tupperware box -
so I don't have to try and stuff them back all into that store packaging.
It also keeps the very fragrant odor from attaching itself to some of the items
I store close by like my pasta and boxed potatoes.

So, what did this save me? Maybe $10 a year -- just keep in mind that it all adds up!
=)

If you want to take the laundry savings one step further --
try THIS recipe for home made laundry detergent!

To be honest, I have a small stockpile of detergent that I got for $1 a bottle.
I am slowly working my way through that, but this is a nice, cost effective alternative.

Blessings-
Dannelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!