While The Oven Is Hot...And a Chicken Salad Recipe!

While the oven is hot, make the most of it!
I learned this a long time ago from my mother. (She ROCKS!)
I knew I had croissants to bake off last night.
Since I had to turn the oven on, it only made sense to keep going!
I make a 9x13 cake for a Lime Jell-O Poke Cake.
Then, I made biscuits for Biscuits 'n Gravy.
I also pulled a cookie dough pack out and made 2 dozen cookies for the party on Saturday.
The oven was only on about an hour, but I planned ahead a little and make that extra heat in the summer kitchen pay off.
:)

It also saves money because I didn't turn it on, and then off, over and over this week.
Bonus!!

Now, let's get to that Candied Chicken Curry Salad Recipe!
I like to use grilled chicken for this - but you could even use canned. I kind of figure that while the grill is hot - I might as well grill as much as I can and chill it for later - kind of like working with the oven.

Dannelle's Curried Chicken Salad
2 cups Diced/Shredded cooked chicken
1 tsp sweet pickle relish
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 cup red grapes, cut in half
1 cup Miracle Whip
1 Handful Frosted Walnuts

Still it all together and you are ready for anything!
  • It's great inside crepes and served cold.
  • On a bed of lettuce as part of a cold plate.
  • On a fresh croissant, on top of a little shredded lettuce.
This is fairly healthy too!
  • Low fat protein in the chicken.
  • Curry Powder is good for fighting Cancer, regulates your metabolism, and helps fight Alzheimer's.
  • Red Grapes are good lowering cholesterol and helping arthritis pain/flares.
  • Miracle Whip is lower in fat than Mayonnaise. 
  • Walnuts are good for lowering cholesterol and help you loose weight (unless you frost them-oops!)
If you make my chicken salad - I'd love to know what you think. We used to serve it at my restaurant and it was a hot seller.
:)

Blessings-
Dannelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!